I’m Rae Loverde.
I am a SFF author and graphic novelist represented by Jen Azantian of Azantian literary. I’ve also worked at Donald Maass Literary Agency since May 2016.
I’m known for my twisty political plots, characters with grey morality, and stabbing lots of said characters — particularly love interests. Some of them survive it. Some of them don’t.
My CP’s motto while reading anything I write is “Trust No Bitch.”
She’s not wrong.
When I’m not writing, editing, or reading queries, I am a dancer, irrepressible nerd and gamer, cooking instructor, and school speaker.
If you’re interested, here’s a slightly more whimsical introduction to me.
And because I can’t think of what you might be interested in knowing, we’ll play 5 random facts!
- I’ve lived in six states and moved upwards of twenty times. I really like to travel, in case that isn’t abundantly obvious.
- I had a stage in high school where I would only wear clothes that a Dark Jedi/assassin would wear. I sort of never left that stage — except now I wear high heels in addition to the combat boots.
- Slytherin. Firebender (with hints of water). Gemini.
- I read tarot and fae cards for fun. I’ll put out a call for free readings once or twice a month on Twitter. I also occasionally do step-by-step cooking posts.
- I love discussing all things chronic + mental illness. I try to be very open about topics like therapy, medication, healthy living, and living with chronic pain. I discuss and chronicle these kind of conversations on Twitter and Instagram. Never be afraid to reach out if you’re curious or need someone to talk to about this.